Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our Story


On May 8, 2010 I became engaged to the love of my life. I have to admit, I can't say that I was shocked by the proposal. I have known that I was going to marry Matt since our first date. So, how'd he do it? He recreated that first date down to a T and got down on his knee at the backside of the Lincoln memorial at sunset. To top that magical moment, Matt had one of our friends hiding out and photographing the whole thing.




As I mentioned, I have known I was going to marry Matt since our first date so naturally I have been planning out wedding for quite some time.  It only took us a couple of days before we toured the venue that we had set our hearts on, the Carnegie Institution in Washington, DC. 

The Carnegie Institution:



That visit determined our date: June 23, 2012. Yes, almost two years from the proposal date. Some people gaff when I tell them our date but I here is why we selected it: first, the CI (Carnegie Institution) books up quick, second, I love the spring/early summer and third, we need time to save. So since I have about 22 months or so before the big day I have decided to blog about my ideas, inspiration and our process. It's not my first blogging experience so I am hoping to have some fun with it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment